Friday, March 9, 2007

Fixing My Back


Our family has a knack of getting injured with amazingly boring stories. My wife last summer tore something in her shoulder, not from refereeing between the kids or doing something crazy like hang-gliding; she just reached a little too far to get that itch on her back.

I managed to get injured a few weeks ago and thought it would work itself out. But the knot in one shoulder grew a twin in the other which is even larger. All this from an afternoon of sitting in a comfy chair reading (boring work stuff).

So I've been back to the Chiropractor for an adjustment. It's more like a small overhaul. He turns my head one way. Crack. And the other way. Crack. Breathe in and out. Crack. Again. Crack. Finish it all off with a little electric current to relax the muscles.

My daughter thinks I can fix anything. She told me tonight that again after I reattached the head to one of her dolls. She said I was good with glue. Hopefully the glue holds. The way she dresses and undresses her dolls, we'll see. Going to the chiropractor seems kind of the same way. Hopefully the adjustment holds. When it doesn't I'll go back, and back, and back, all hoping he'll fix my back.

Fortunately he doesn't have the penchant for clamps that I do.

2 comments:

Lara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craver Vii said...

Just be carefull getting dressed, so your head doesn't pop off. I hate when that happens.